A new year provides the opportunity to evaluate, set goals, imagine what could be done differently. I have long wanted to keep a tally of the books I read in a year so have decided to accomplish that this year in this forum. It may be interesting, or it may not be, no telling until it is done.
So to start the year I have read two books that are light and entertaining and seasonally appropriate. These are exactly the right books for those times when you need something mindless and entertaining.
- Winter Stroll by Elin Hilderbrand
- Winter Storms by Elin Hilderbrand (These are books 2 and 3 in a series. The first is Winter Street).
Now onto the stack of books that has been sitting by my bedside for an undetermined amount of time.
3. Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy. A compelling, impossible to put down, engrossing read.
4. The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. This is a heartwarming read that reinforces the goodness (and quirkiness) in humanity.
5. Recipe for a Perfect Wife by Karma Brown. An authentic read about marriage, the compromises made, and the real story behind the images portrayed.